Chai Spiced Matcha Latte
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons ceremonial grade matcha (Hannah recommends Matchaful’s organic Emerald or Jade)
- 3 drops stevia or 1 teaspoon agave or honey (optional)
- 6 to 8 ounces warm or steamed almond milk
- Bring the water to a boil, and add all ingredients except for chai. Reduce heat to simmer and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain chai mixture and pour 3 ounces into each of 4 cups. Add ½ teaspoon of matcha to each cup and whisk with a fork or matcha whisk until frothy.
- Top with milk and drink immediately.
March 18, 2017 12:44 AM